The C1 Maxi steel line post is a unique roll-formed steel vineyard post. The unique design includes a combination of notches for fixed trellis wires and hooks for moveable catch wires. The built-in hooks are non-protruding and protected by the profile of the post, eliminateing damage to the hooks from machinery.
Standard features include:
- A profile designed without any sharp corners so as not to cause damage during the passage of mechanical machinery
- A profile which greatly limits the wear of beater bars during mechanical harvesting
- A section 60 x 40 mm with a 32mm open channel to protect against shocks open face (harvesting machines – interceps – plows)
- Ribs on the back of the post to combine flexibility and very high mechanical resistance
- Strong aptitude for sinking in difficult ground by the combination of 32mm open channel with (2) bends on the crown
- 40mm side section for good stability
- Stamped notches integrated into the structure of the post to prevent them from closing during mechanical contact
- Wire that rests on the post structure
- Hook pairs for holding wires during tillage
The C1 Maxi is available in range of formats including standard (strip) galv, hot-dip-galv, corten and zincor (corten + HDG on the bottom portion of the post). For maximum lifespan, strip galv and corten posts are not recommended for use in acidic soils. HDG and Zincor posts (corten + HDG) are suitable for use in ALL soil types.
Standard lengths for the C1 Maxi post include 8'2" and 9' lengths.
Available options for the C1 Maxi post include stainless steel wire spreader, stainless steel fixed wire clip and post protection cap.
Standard notch/slot patterns include:
- 8'2" length; (3) lower pairs of "N" style notches and (9) pairs of hooks on the upper portion of the post.
- 9' length; (3) lower pairs of "N" style notches and (12) pairs of hooks on the upper portion of the post.
All notches and hooks are on 4" centers
Custom lengths and notch/hook patterns are available upon request.
- Additional Information:
The C1 Maxi range of steel line posts is a series of high quality roll-formed medium/heavy weight vertical line posts designed for use as vineyard trellis line posts. The C1 Maxi posts are available in a range of structural steel qualities with a choice of coatings and a choice of wire notches (for fixed wires) and/or wire hooks designed to easily manage moveable catch wires during the wire lifting phase of canopy management. The C1 Maxi wire hooks are designed to be gentle on harvesting machines with a specially designed recessed hook which is protected by the outer edge of the post, thereby avoiding damage from machine harvesters.
In addition to two types of zinc coatings; strip galv (18-25µ of zinc per side) and HDG (60-80µ of zinc per side), the C1 Maxi post can also be produced using corten steel as well as a combination of Corten + HDG. Corten steel is a type of high strength weather resistant structural steel commonly used for the construction of bridges and guardrails. Corten steel forms a protective barrier of corrosion which prohibits further corrosion of the interior steel. While arguably a great choice for many vineyard sites, Corten posts should be avoided if acidic soils are present. In the event of soil ph less than 6.5, the C1 Maxi post is available with the bottom portion of the post (portion of the post to be driven into the ground) with HDG to avoid corrosion of the Corten steel.
The C1 Maxi 2.36" x 1.57" post profile combined with heavy structural steel construction produces a strong post, with a suggested post spacing not to exceed 18' (dependent upon factors such as expected crop yields, training system, soil type, row direction, etc...). Depending upon soil ph and moisture content, the lifespan of the C1 Maxi HDG post can last up to 35-40 years while the typical lifespan of the strip galv and corten posts can last 10-30 years. Wire spreaders and fixed wire clips are available for use on the C1 Maxi post.
C1 Maxi Vertical Line Posts
- (3) pairs of “N" type wire notches standard (4” centers) for fixed wires + (9) pairs or wire hooks for managing catch wires
- Avg weight: 1.8mm x 8'2" strip galv (9) hook pairs + (3) "N" notch pairs weight @ 10.5 lbs
- Avg weight: 1.95mm x 8'2" HDG (9) hook pairs + (3) "N" notch pairs weight @ 11.25lbs
- No need for wire clips, staples, etc.
- Mechanical harvester friendly (rolled edges & built-in flex)
- Extremely stable in soil
- Reduced installation and setup costs: can install by hand
- Steel creates direct ground path for lightening